December 5, 2010

Strength and Inspiration

It was definitely a long and stressful week. I had a big paper due on wednesday and I had my Sociology final on friday. Between those, classes, and work it was really stressful. I was holed up in the library and my room every night working. I know how much I have riding on these grades staying up. I also had to deal with some guys and their ridiculous drama. It's pretty sad when they have a war going on between eachother and they bring someone that's not involved as a pawn in their game to spite eachother. It's not something I want to go into on here, but i'm finding out that a lot of guys are really pricks. Anyways I worked my ass off to ace my exam, got in and took it and I felt like I knew all of it. I somehow bombed it. I don't even know how it's possible. That screwed up my most important grade and I don't exactly know what to do from here. If it's a class for your major, you have to get a high grade before you go onto the next set of classes. Plus it will screw up my GPA for my transfer. I'm at a loss for knowing where i'll be next year or what will happen, but I just know I need to keep trying and hopefully my professor will work with me.

This week I did get an offer to go to New York in January. I'll have all of my birthday and Christmas money so I can actually afford it. If there is room for me to stay where she is staying, then I will most likely be going. I pretty much just told my parents I was. I'll be 19 by then and it's somewhere I really want to go.

Anyways lately I just continue to be completely inspired by certain people. I hear people everyday that are just upset by teenage drama. Well I live around most of it. Here i'm watching someone I love so much pushing through while having leukemia. I absolutely admire people that keep going to make the best of their life when they have hard things such as this. I just found out about a friend who has lost his hearing, and he is a musician. It's amazing to see that they don't let any of this tear them down, they keep fighting. I know so many other stories of people around me who are so strong. A lot of people like to feel better as realizing that their are others that have it harder then them. I like to just look around and see the strength of others. It's one thing that inspires me when i'm having a hard time of a much lesser nature. I also do what I can to help those that are just trying to keep pushing through.

In two weeks i'll be done with my first semester of college. I know what I want to do in life but it's about managing and working my way there. In my first four months of college and being away from home, i've already realized and experienced a lot. I also have an amazing support system. My parents, siblings, and realizing who my closest friends are. One way or another I know i'll get through everything. Just have to keep on trying. I must get to my homework now. Everyone have an amazing week.

No comments: