I thought I would have written by monday, but I have been so busy! On monday I got to Orem. It had been snowing really hard in the morning, so i didn't think I would be able to get down there. Even though the sun came out so I was able to! I had lunch with my sister before she headed to Texas for thanksgiving. I also filmed my sister for something she had to do for a job she was applying for. We hiked up to a place near cottonwood and it was beautiful. I then got to see Carson and Bekah. I missed them so much and i'm glad I got to see them. It was a fabulous day and i'm so glad it worked out. Tuesday I had thanksgiving with my dad and we just went and got sushi. It was a perfect thanksgiving to have with him. Wednesday I got up to Park City. Both of my stepsisters were in along with my nephew and brother in law. I'm so glad I was able to spend so much time with them this week. I can't believe the next time I see my nephew that he will be a toddler. I hate that they are all so far away. I spent a lot of wednesday with Nicole too. I have missed her so much! Thanksgiving was wonderful and we had my stepdads entire family up. A couple of them tend to drive me nuts but most I like. It was then black friday so I worked the morning shift and night shift. A lot of my coworkers from this summer came back just to work black friday. It was great and I have really missed my job there and my coworkers that I was close to. I got called into work today so i had to cut my trip short and come back to Logan. Even though I decided to make the best of it and it turned out to be a good day. Plus I definitely will love having a bigger paycheck. I found out that I can go home for a couple weeks of christmas break instead of staying in Logan the whole time to work. I can transfer to the pc store for that time and then come back when school starts. This has made me so happy that I keep my job and get to go back to family and friends. It definitely added to my day being great. One of my roomates also came back early and we ended up talking for a couple hours. Something I think that was needed given what has happened with some of my other roomates.I also got to see a friend I don't see often so there was definitely reasoning behind me coming back early.
I have absolutely no complaints of my break. It was absolutely perfect. I spent a lot of it taking care of my nephew too. I have fallen in love with that little one so much. I kept asking to feed him and take him and even change him. When I came back at four am on black friday, my stepsister was up with him. I was like "Let me take him and feed him for you!" It's definitely a lot of work and I love him so much, but I am really glad i'm just a working student. I would love so much to be a mother one day, but definitely not for another ten years.
I feel like i always realize the most on my trips home. I just needed to get back to my happy self and de-stress. It helps me realize when I just need to make things better and not expect that because things aren't going perfectly, that they wont get better. As i've said before and just needed to realize again, i can make them better on my own. Hopefully i'll stay happy and with this attitude. My roomates are coming back tomorrow and finals start this week. Yet i think it will all work out. The only thing that has been slightly hard this week is that I haven't heard from someone who I have looked at to be one of my closest friends. I'm trying not to take it personal, but it's hard. I feel like i'm being avoided. I guess i'll just have to see. Anyways it is almost four am and I need to sleep so I can get up and spend my day studying. To everyone who is finishing up the semester, I wish you luck. I also hope everyone is staying safe with this weather that has started. Here are just a couple photos from my break!

Baby Austin and I

Overlooking the city
1 comment:
Post a Comment