November 13, 2010
Greatful for my family and friends
Well I haven't posted in a few days. School and everything else has been pretty good. I've been happy. I felt reasonably well most of the week. Until wednesday night when I hit a wall and got sick again. On Thursday my friend was telling me I probably had mono, since I had all the symptoms and my glands were swollen. I went back to the doctor today. I do in fact have mono. Five weeks ago when I was first diagnosed with my two infectons, I had tested negative for mono. Apparently when it's first developing, it's not always detectable in the blood. Now we understand why I have been so incredibly sick for so long. He said it usually goes away in about 6-7 weeks, so hopefully it will be gone soon. I came home for the weekend. I got to see Nicole tonight. I have missed her so much and we had some amazing conversations. I'm glad I have such a strong and sweet best friend. Now I get to spend the rest of the weekend with my family and her which I am so glad I get to do. Things really are pretty good considering. I'm still so excited for Thanksgiving and that weekend. Then Christmas will be coming up! I also still have my countdown till Rob gets here and my birthday. Everything is looking up. With the things that are hard, we all have a great perspective and hope. There is no reason to waste time on being angry or upset when everyone is still here and able to make good memories. That's my perspective. I heard this quote on one of my favorite shows and it's really true. "Happiness is a mood, not all days will you be happy, but it is not nessicarily something that needs to work to be achieved in a long stretch of time." It was something along those lines. I'm living in the moment and making everything the best it can be. I also found out today that my grandma was in the hospital last week due to a rollover on her scooter. No one could reach my aunt who was out of the country and they didn't have numbers for my dad or other aunt. After this she has decided to move back. I'm very close with her and i'm happy she is. When I was in 7th grade I'd go to her place just about everyday after school. We would watch Dr. Phil, Oprah, Play cards, and then go to dinner. She is an incredible person and has remained sharp up until 91 years old. I'm glad she will be here for the last years of her life. I've lost two grandmas in the past five years, and it has been hard. One of them pratically helped raise me, but when she got sick and moved across the state, I didn't see her as much in the last years of her life. My other grandma is my step grandma that I got very close to in five years. I don't want to lose another while i'm not there. I hope she remains healthy, but I know realistically that wont be the case. I can hope for the best as I am in every situation. I'm just glad I get to be close to her again. Anyways I am exhausted. I will write later. Night all. Stay safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment